The second annual race takes place on Saturday, May 28th, during Memorial Day weekend in Austin Texas. The SUP Jam is series of Texas Stand Up Paddle Races that include:
- Elite 6 mile – 14′ Mens
- Elite 6 Mile – 12’6″ Mens
- Elite 6 Mile – 12’6″ Womens
- 3 Mile
- 200 Meter Sprint “Dash for Cash”
- Paddle With Your Pooch
- Family Tandem Paddle
There will also be an Expo that will include sponsors with the newest and top SUP manufacturer demos for you to try and check out. The Surfrider Foundation‘s Central Texas Chapter will also be there helping to promote awareness and advocating to keep our waterways clean. There will also be live music, and some of Austin’s best eats (Wahoos Fish Tacos is one of our all time favorites)! If you have ever though about Stand Up Paddle Surfing in Texas, this will be a great day to come out and see some of Texas’ finest. If you are ready, you can even join the one of the stand up paddling races!
Check In for the SUP races is at 8:00 AM, and the races run until 12:45. From 12:45 – 2:30 there will be live music, board demos, and the award ceremony. We hope to see you all out there trying and enjoying the sport of Stand Up Paddling (SUP) at its finest!
- When: May 28th 2011 7:30am
- Where: AMLI South Shore/Paddle Zen. 1620 E. Riverside Dr. Austin, TX
- Parking: On site parking Garage & S. Lakeshore Blvd.
- Board Drop Off: Between 7am & 8am only. After 8am you will not be allowed to drive up to event site for board caddy drop off. You will be required to park and carry your board. All Boards must have a leash – NO EXCEPTIONS!
Please make sure you check out the official website at http://www.supjamaustin.com/ for all of the official details.
Here is a video from SUP JAM Austin’s Blog from 2010′s event: